SPN - RECIPES
KETO FRIENDLY COOKIES
2020 / JUNE
- For best results purchase whole seeds and blitzing the flax seeds and sunflower seeds yourself. This also allows for roasting the sunflower seeds before hand, removing chaff and increasing flavour.
- Golden Flax Seeds seem to yield the best results, but either is fine.
- There are many different types/brands of Coconut Flour, all of which have a different texture, and varying degrees of grittiness and/or buttery flavour notes. This will have impact on flavour, texture, and the liquid absorption.
- Coconut Flour 500g (2 cups.)
- Ground Sunflower Flour 250g (1 cup.)
- Flaxseed Flour 250g (1 cup.)
- Sugar Alternative of Choice.
- Butter 125g (1/2 cup.)
- Salt 2g (1/2 tsp.)
- Milk or milk alternative 500g (2 cups.)
- [Flavour Options.]
- Coconut Flakes
- Cacao / Cocoa (preference/price/availability)
- Orange Zest
- Poppy Seeds
- Cinnamon + Cloves + Nutmeg + Allspice
- Orange Zest + Cloves + Nutmeg + Allspice + Cinnamon
- Ginger + Orange Zest
- Ginger + Chocolate + Turmeric (note: selecting the right turmeric can make all the difference in flavour)
- Fennel Seeds + Star Anise
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (with convection fan.)
2. Combine dry ingredients (and flavour option of choice.)
3. Add butter (depending on type, may need to be melted a bit to aid mixing.)
4. Using a fork, mix the ingredients together.
5. Add milk, mixing until all the milk has been absorbed, achieving a thick cookie-dough like consistency.
6. Divide and lightly shape the dough into even balls, and gently flatten them onto a baking sheet (or alternatively use a cookie tray of choice.)
7. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
8. Remove from the oven, place the cookies on a grill (or equivalent,) and allow to rest for 15 minutes.