SPN - RECIPES
KETO FRIENDLY BREAD
2020 / JUNE
- For best results purchase whole seeds and blitzing the flax seeds and sunflower seeds yourself. This also allows for roasting the sunflower seeds before hand, removing chaff and increasing flavour.
- Golden Flax Seeds seem to yield the best results, but either is fine.
- There are many different types/brands of Coconut Flour, all of which have a different texture, and varying degrees of grittiness and/or buttery flavour notes. This will have impact on flavour, texture, and the liquid absorption.
Makes 12 small bread rolls.
- Ground Golden Flax Seeds 250g (1 cup.)
- Ground Sunflower Seeds 375g (1 1/2 cups.)
- Coconut Flour 375g (1 1/2 cups.)
- Salt 5g (1 teaspoon.)
- Water 500g (2 cups.)
- Instead of 500g (2 cups) of water, use 250g (1 cup) of water, and 250g (1 cup) of Keffir Milk. However, be sure to add the hot water, and mix, before adding the milk.
- Poppy Seeds can also be added.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (ideally with convection fan.)
2. Bring water to a boil (either in a pot or kettle.)
3. To a mixing bowl, add golden flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flour, and salt. Stir ingredients together.
4. Add butter, followed by 500g (2 cups) of boiling water.
5. Mix until water has been absorbed, and achieving a dough-like consistency.
6. Divide and lightly shape the dough into 12 equal bread rolls, and place them upon a baking sheet. (or add them to an oiled muffin pan.)
7. Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, and the rolls on a grill (or equivalent) to avoid soggy-bottoms, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.